Tuesday 26 August 2008

Xina Broderick / Nature's Parlour

Come into my parlour - Source Sonai Brown/New Nation 11.08.2008
Stranded in Spain with no husband, Xina Broderick needed to make money fast!
Selling Mary Kay products was not going to cut it so, tapping into her entre­preneurial reserves, she realised her villa was the perfect setting to provide pam­pering sessions to local women. Herbal treatments, healthy meals, yoga by the pool - total bliss!
But she knew she had to come back to the UK to sort out her life, finances and growing young son. With a love of all things natural, Xina decided that she wanted natural products for her 'locs' but found it very difficult to find products or information in the UK. Her research bought her to the attention of a consult­ant in the US who wrote articles on natu­ral hair care and more importantly, sold organic products.


Xina quickly realised there was a gap in the UK market for these products. As fate would have it, she was unable to sell her friends products but, through her extensive research, she was able to buy products in bulk and sell them on to friends and family. As demand grew for these products she realised that she had.
found her business niche and formally set up Nature's Parlour, the only website in the world which sells natural and organic personal care products for all races.
'Self employment' offers me the flexibil­ity to combine motherhood and entrepre­neurship' says Xina. 'I raised every single penny for the business then set up the web site, distribution channels and mar­keting campaign’.
It's obvious that everything in her life has led her to this moment. Xina says she always had her fingers in the entre­preneurial pie whilst studying for her business degree.


Whether it was her ironing service or CV service, she now knows that Nature's Padour has provided her with something that she is passionate about.
'I feel a great sense of achievement when people tell me that they like the look of Nature's Parlour and they love the products we sell. It means that my hard work really has paid off and it’s no longer just something that's personal to me but it's also a business that others enjoy too’.
'I do work long hours but I am setting myself up for the future. My son and new husband are very understanding and sup­portive', concludes Xina. 'I want to move into manufacturing my own range of products in the near future’.

For further information visit www.naturesparlour.co.uk

No comments: