Tuesday 16 September 2008

Christine Brewster / Delpeche Events


An eventful life: Christine makes a success of event management

Whilst working in corporate IT, Christine Brewster always knew she was going to start her own business but couldn't quite figure out what it would be.


By combining her project management skills with her love for meeting people and a varied work day, she launched Delpeche Events, an event management company which provides creative and innovative solutions for its clients.
“I realised that events management would offer me the fast paced environment that would utilise my skills and keep me at the top of my game”; Brewster explains.

“My first contract was with the Ethiopian World Federation where I organized a two-day community event. Even out of the adversity that followed, I was able to secure further contracts with other companies. Ambrose Mendy recently asked me to organise the Mike Tyson dinner and auction for 500 people in four days. It was very stressful, but a huge success?”

“There are a lot of people getting into event management but it's important that people do their research and understand what their niche area is because you can't do it all' she adds.”
“I now feel that I am able to put the customer first and, bring out the unspoken to manifest the best in each event and see the event dream come to life?”

Christine attributes her success to attention to detail, persistence and her mother. “I have inherited her self motivation and independence,” she explains.

“She is incredibly proud that I have used these traits to take control of my life, run my own business and not lay victim to .the whim of someone else to define my passion.”
"Setting up my business was a challenge I was prepared to take on because I strongly believed it could work,” she concludes.” I just want to be the best that I can be?
Top 3 tips for event managers
  • Be passionate about the event and put the customer's needs first.
  • Add the extra touch to bring that 'buzz' to take the event a step further.
  • Have a wide supplier base in order to ensure that your client's individual needs are met no matter how complex.

No comments: